Monday, January 16, 2012

Good-bye Belmont; Hello Thailand

[By Lisa]

This is my hello-world-we-are-about-to-leave post. It's two days until departure and we are heavy into packing, organizing, cleaning for my subletters and wrapping up loose ends. It's pretty clear that we have a ton to be grateful for; not everyone has the opportunity to leave The Real World for an extensive time period. But beyond that, I'm also super grateful for what we're leaving and what we have to return to, namely our incredible friends, learning community and the gorgeous land and home where we get to live and play and learn.


Today is a great example. The woman who comes every couple of weeks to help me out showed up and said ironically, "I see that, as usual, there's not much happening here". While we packed, organized, and ran around putting things away (nine months later we are still moving in), our subletters, four entrepreneurs from Greece were working on computers around the kitchen table, a group of seven boys had band class with our amazing musical mentor, Ben, in the garage, the band boys younger sisters were running around the house, a bunch of parents worked and chatting in the living room and another family had come to ask me about the wonderful learning opportunity that is custom-learning / homeschooling as a possibility for their daughter. A busy home, bustling with connections and creativity, just the way I love it!


How amazing that after our adventure more of this rich life is what we get to return to. I'm MOST grateful for the abundance!

And now we're off. It's my great hope that I'll be more successful at regular blogging while on this adventure than I was with Travel Schooling in France. And this will be my first attempt at tumblr...
We shall see...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Julie! Nice to see your comment here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Just wow! Love it so much on soooo many levels!

    ReplyDelete